Thursday, March 9, 2017

41 weeks


Today I am 41 weeks pregnant. I never thought I would even come close to this. I know it's normal, I know lots of women are overdue, but I really just didn't think I would be one of them. I've spent the past two weeks going through a roller coaster of emotions everyday. Content, anxious, mad, sad, happy, annoyed...you name it. On my due date (Tuesday, February 21st) I had an appointment. I expected her to tell me I had slightly progressed and to strip my membranes and send me into labor. However, she told me that I was still high, tight, and thick. Brad and I just looked at each other in disbelief and kind of laughed at how stubborn our little girl was being...we just want to meet you! My doctor told me she would rather not go past 41 weeks and could induce me that night, or give me another week if I wanted. I really wanted to go into labor naturally and decided to schedule my induction for March 1, when my parents were getting here. Brad went to class and I took Jaxon home and was really annoyed all day. I text Brad and told him I was buying concert tickets for that night haha and we were going to go do something fun and get our minds off of this. Well the concert was sold out and really expensive, but I had already lined up a babysitter so I started thinking of what else we could do that night. I had the thought of going to the temple, and when I text Brad he was much more excited about that idea than me dropping big money for a last minute concert haha.

Going to the temple was exactly what I needed. Brad hurried home and we made it in time for the 4:30 session. There were only a few people in the session and the peace and happiness we felt was overwhelming. I was overcome with peace that His timing is perfect. We're so excited to have this little piece of heaven in our home and meet our little girl. After the temple, Brad and I grabbed ice cream and it just turned out to be a way better evening than morning. I'm grateful for a husband who balances out my emotions and makes me feel loved when I need it most.

... Today is my last day being pregnant and I will be induced tomorrow morning. I'm nervous and excited and ready. Its weird and different to know for certain we will have a baby tomorrow. This extra few weeks has given me time to really enjoy and be able to leave Jaxon tomorrow feeling content. We've had endless "last" mom and Jaxon dates with ice cream and fun. Today we went to breakfast together, sat around reading books, and watched a movie all cuddled up. Because we have to be at the hospital by 5:00am tomorrow, we dropped Jaxon off for a sleepover late tonight. I cried pretty hard saying goodbye to my little man, but he was perfectly content and excited to meet his baby sister. I sure love this little boy and can't wait to watch him be a big brother.


No comments:

Post a Comment