He got more cake and singing on his actual birthday and was thrilled about every gift he opened. He is a lucky boy and spoiled with fun gifts from all his family. :)
3 YEAR OLD JAX
- He loves art activities. He has gotten really good with scissors, glue, and painting and loves to just sit and create random things. He spends a lot of time making things exactly how he wants and it is fun to see his concentration and focus.
- He is a puzzle master! He has quite a few but it was impressive to see him get a brand new 32 piece floor puzzle for his birthday and sit down and concentrate until he got it done.
- He has good fine motor skills and can trace all his letters, but has a hard time identifying them still. I much prefer learning through play and activities and so I know he'll get those things in time, but don't worry about him memorizing things yet. He does know his colors and shapes now lol so thats something.
- Jaxon loves books! We have a pretty good collection, but we got him a few more for his birthday. We get new books at the library each week and he loves picking them out and then attacking Brad to read them as soon as he gets home Monday. He likes when we read to him, but he also enjoys just getting a stack of books out and looking through them or reading them (in his own way lol) if we have read him the book before.
- He still needs his nap everyday (and so does mom), but he has started going down later at night. He thinks he's being sneaky, but we can always hear him running to get toys, books, and animals to fill up and play with in his little bed. Its hard to get mad, because he leaves the light off and plays quietly in his room for a little while and then goes to sleep, but we should probably enforce the stay in your bed thing more. I always check on him before I go to bed and I could create a whole post with the hilarious pics of him sprawled in his tiny bed with 10+ toys surrounding him.
- He is a loving boy. He gets sad if he missed saying goodbye to his dad in the morning, and always makes sure to give him a big hug and kiss before he leaves. He'll randomly jump on one of us on the couch and give us a big hug and kiss. lol Brad had to tell him that his lips are for mom and that he can kiss dad on the cheek..He didnt seem to like that rule very much, but it made me laugh.
- He doesn't watch many shows these days. He did get Finding Dory for his birthday and has loved watching it a few times. Taking a break from screen time has really improved his behavior the last few months, and although I didn't think I could live without it, life has been a lot better without it.
- He is still an awesome eater! He loves food and made us crack up when we asked him what his favorite food was and he responded "lettuce!" Although he does eat and like salad, Im pretty sure his favorite foods are smoothies, treats, panda express ("panda chicken"), cereal, and chicken. We've been blessed with a good eater though, who sits down and eats almost anything you put in front of him.
- Jax loves visitors. He talks about it for weeks before and weeks after when someone comes to stay with us or even to just play at our house for the afternoon. He loves attention and having new playmates.
- Jax still loves to sing and dance. It is a tradition for Mom and Jax to have a disney dance party while making dinner together and waiting for dad to come home. When Brad sees him get excited and hyper/ dancing and singing he always looks at me and says.." He didnt get this part of his personlity from me." haha He is a good mix of his mom and dad and we sure love him. His light and happiness shines through to so many. There are few things better then his cuddles, kisses and sweet smiles. Happy 3rd Birthday Jaxon we love you!